H2O+Color = My Paintings

Friday, February 16, 2007

My Version


Here is my watercolor version of the photo from my last post. It is on a surface I haven't really used much before - claybord smooth - masonite with smooth kaolin clay, no texture or india ink added to scratch off. The watercolor definitely moves around on the board as you are working, so I basically did a wash of various browns on the deer, let that dry, and then scratched some of that off. I alternated between adding and scratching off color. I basically did the same thing on the background, but didn't do nearly as much scratch off. I only scratched off where I needed light on dark. Interesting to work with and I'll probably try something else on it in the future.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home