H2O+Color = My Paintings

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Something Different



I tried something a little different this week, using textured claybord. I started by sanding off a bit of the texture. Then I mixed burnt sienna and burnt umber Dr. Martin hydrous watercolor and layed down a fairly dark wash over the entire surface. I made a sketch of one of the photos I took at the zoo a couple of weeks ago. I had taken some nice photos of the river otters and noticed the colors were basically all in shades of brown. I used various methods to start removing parts of the paint. I've posted the reference photo as well as the painting.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hi Linda,
    TAG, you are it

    Nancy Merkle has tagged me in a WORLDWIDE game of ARTIST BLOG TAG....you're next!

    You can find the details and rules on my blog

    at Art for Breakfast

    Keep up the great work, Linda

    By Blogger Linda Hiller, At 24 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home