H2O+Color = My Paintings

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Been Absent Almost a Year!




So, you might have been wondering where I've been - or perhaps not! Well, we have moved, after living in the same house for 32 years! This move gave me a dedicated location for my Art Studio and Gallery, so that is definitely a big plus for me. Although I haven't been on my blog since the move, I haven't neglected my art, either! I have expanded on the technique I tried on my last post. I spent part of the time while I've not been blogging, doing research to obtain my Indian Tribal certification. That involves locating your Indian ancestors on a tribal role and establishing your direct "blood" tie via birth certificates. We, here in Oklahoma have a wonderful Native American gathering each summer - Red Earth. Part of that celebration involves an art show and competition. Now, I will attempt to be accepted into that show. As we artists all know, art is certainly a matter of personal taste. Since this show is a juried show. It remains to be seem whether or not my entries find favor with the jury.


Here are some of the paintings I plan on entering. I will enter in two categories - painting and mixed-media drawing. This last category will cover my claybord scratchworks to which I add watercolor.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home